I’m a champion at isolation. A combination of introversion and struggling with regular bouts of depression will do that to you, I guess. Add in some sensory processing challenges and home becomes more than a sanctuary. It becomes a necessity of survival.
But even I am feeling challenged as I sit here, content to isolate, but knowing that the frustration is on the horizon. It’s about consent, I suppose. The removal of choice has a powerful impact on emotional wellbeing.
We are in this alone together though. And it is so essential that we do it.
So yes, I know that it’s hard, but let’s do that thing where we turn lemons into lemonade if we can…
I am technically able to continue working for the time being, and my life doesn’t look too different to what it was before. But there are going to be income issues. There are already income issues. So even though I’m “working” it might be said that I can step back and make no impact to the already dwindling cash flow.
So I think maybe I should take the time…
- Take the time to work on my blog
- Take the time to properly organize this house
- Take the time to watch a movie or two or three with my kid
- Take the time to colour in the beautiful colouring books that I have
- Take the time to read more of the books that are so patiently waiting for me
- Take the time to go through my craft cupboard and create something
I want to take the time…
What would you like to do?